City Clerk

(402) 228-5200


The City Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of all City records and issuing various licenses and permits.  The City Clerk is also responsible for the agendas and minutes of the City Council meetings.  The City Clerk's Office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.



All Beatrice pet owners are required to license their dog or cat that is over 6 months of age.


For your convenience, the 2019 pet licenses are available at the City Clerk’s Office at 400 Ella Street, the Beatrice Humane Society, and Pony Express Veterinary Clinic. Pet licenses are issued for the calendar year; therefore, all 2018 pet licenses expire on December 31st.


Licenses fees are as follows:

Dogs: $20.00, or $5.00 if Spayed or Neutered,

          plus $1.25 State License Fee

Cats: $10.00, or $3.00 If Spayed or Neutered,

         plus $1.25 State License Fee

(An additional $1.00 handling fee may be

charged at participating Veterinary Clinics)


Special Fees:

Over limit Pet (over 5 animals): $20.00 per animal

Dangerous Animal: $35.00 per animal

Potentially Dangerous Animal: $25.00 per animal

Unusual Animal: $25.00 per animal


A valid rabies certificate from the veterinarian showing date rabies vaccination was received, rabies tag number, and rabies vaccination expiration date is required to obtain a pet license. Your pet must have a valid rabies vaccination on the date the licenses is issued.


Bicycle Registration

To register a bicycle, please provide the owner's name, brand of bike, serial number, size and color.  For information regarding bicycle registration fees, see our Fee Resolution.


Handicap Parking Permits

Handicap Parking Permit applications may be obtained in person at the City Clerk's Office or online.  Handicap Parking Permit applications must be completed and signed by the applicant and a licensed medical professional, and returned to the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).   Handicap Parking Permits are issued by the State and will be mailed directly to the applicant.


Non-Moving Traffic Violations

All non-moving traffic violations are paid at the City Clerk's Office.



Alarm Registration

For information regarding security/fire alarm registration, see our Security/Fire Alarm Registration Requirements.  Registration forms may be obtained in person at the City Clerk's Office or online.  For information regarding alarm registration fees, see our Fee Resolution


Tobacco License

A Tobacco License is required for all businesses that sell tobacco products.  For information regarding the levy of occupation tax upon tobacco, see Ordinance 86-37.


Liquor License

A Liquor License is required for all businesses that sell liquor.  For information regarding liquor license fees, see Ordinance 05-05.


Occupation Tax

Required of certain businesses (such as pawn shops, bowling alleys).



The Beatrice Plus program is a contribution program where Beatrice Board of Public Works customers’ bills are rounded up to the nearest dollar.  The average customer contribution is approximately $6.00 per year.  The additional contribution goes to the Beatrice Plus program, which provides funds for community betterment projects.  Citizens and entities in Beatrice may request Beatrice Plus funds for community betterment projects by completing an application, which is then submitted to the Beatrice Plus Advisory Board.   




©2019 City Of Beatrice - 400 Ella Street - Beatrice, NE 68310 - (402) 228-5200