Employment with the Beatrice Fire Department provides an opportunity for personal growth. The fire service in general is a highly technical and skilled profession. Experiences gained through providing public safety services are unmatched by any other profession. The individuals who choose this career field are committed to helping others in time of serious need.
It is more than just a job!
- High School graduate or GED
- 18 years of age
- Good health and physical condition
- Valid Nebraska drivers license
- Current Nebraska EMT certification
- Nebraska Firefighter I certification
Emergency Response Firefighting
- Structure fires
- Wildland fires
- Transportation fires
- Confined Space
Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency and non-emergency responses
- Emergency and non-emergency transfers
- Basic and Advanced Life Support
The Beatrice Fire Department accepts applications and tests for the position of firefighter every 18 months. An eligibility list is established and firefighter candidates are selected to be interviewed from that list as openings occur. You may request your name to be added to a waiting list by contacting the City Clerk's office at 400 Ella Street - Beatrice, NE 68310. An application can then be forwarded to you prior to the time of testing.
- Return completed application to the City clerk's office - 400 Ella Street Beatrice, NE 68310
- Take the Civil Service written exam
- Successfully complete the Department physical ability test
- Participate in the Civil Service oral interview
- Fire Department will conduct a background check
- Successfully complete a physical examination provided by the Department.