City Clerk: Linda Koch email@example.com
400 Ella Street
Beatrice, NE 68310
Fax (402) 228-2312
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The city clerk is responsible for the maintenance of all city records and issuing the following licenses and permits:
The city clerk is also responsible for the agendas and minutes of the city council meetings. These are found under the city council section of the site. You can directly access that section by clicking here.
Pursuant to City Code Section 5 It shall be unlawful for any person within the City to own a dog or cat over six months of age without procuring a license for such dog or cat. Renewal of dog and cat licenses, and any special permit fees are due each year on January 1.
The 2012 Pet License Tags will be sold beginning December 5, 2011 at the Beatrice City Clerk’s Office
400 ELLA Street as well as Beatrice Animal Hospital, Blue Valley Vet Clinic, Pony Express Vet Clinic, and the Beatrice Humane Society.
Spayed and Neutered Dog licenses are $6, and $21 for all other dogs over the age of 6 months.
Cat license costs are $4 for neutered cats and $11 for all other cats over the age of 6 months.
Proof of current rabies vaccination must be shown to license cats or dogs.
Other Yearly permit fees now charged and collected at the City Clerk’s office 400 Ella Street are:
Annual registration fee for each Overlimit Pet (over 5 animals) $20 per animal
Annual registration fee for each Dangerous Animal $35.00 per animal
Annual registration fee for each Potentially Dangerous Animal $25.00 per animal
Annual registration fee for each Unusual Animal $25 per animal
THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE IS OPEN 8 A.M. TO 5 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, EXCEPT HOLIDAYS.
- Dog License
- Cost is $21.00 ($6.00 if dog is spayed or neutered) for a calendar year. Must have proof of current rabies vaccination.
- Cat License
- Cost is $11.00 ($4.00 if cat is spayed or neutered) and must have rabies vaccination.
- Bicycle License
- Cost is $5.00 with no expiration date. Information needed to obtain a permit is owner's name, brand of bike, serial number, size and color.
- Tobacco License
- Required for businesses that sell tobacco products.
- Liquor License
- Required for businesses that sell liquor.
- Occupation Tax
- Required of certain businesses (such as pawn shops, bowling alleys).
- Handicap Permits
- Application forms can be obtained in person from the Clerk's office, or visit our Forms and Applications section to print one from home. Forms must be completed and signed by applicant and physician, etc., and returned to the City Clerk. Permits are issued by the State and mailed directly to the applicant.
- Non-Moving Traffic Violations
- All parking meter tickets and non-moving traffic violations are paid at the City Clerk's Office.