Board of Public Works Main Office
Office Manager: Janet Byars <firstname.lastname@example.org>
400 Ella Street
Beatrice, NE 68310
BEATRICE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS
BUDGET PAYMENT PLAN
All residential customers are eligible for the Board of Public Work’s Budget Payment Plan. Customers participating in the plan must meet the following criteria.
Please read items thoroughly.
- The Account balance must be current when the budget plan is started.
- Service must be at the same location and in the customer’s name for twelve months before becoming eligible for a budget plan.
- Payment is due on the due date of the bill. Failure to make payment under the budget plan by the delinquent date will result in the forfeiture of the budget plan and the entire account balance becomes due at that time. Disconnect notices or insufficient fund checks will void the budget plan immediately.
- If the customer has been removed from the budget plan due to circumstances outlined in paragraph 3., the customer must have 12 consecutive months without shut-offs or insufficient fund checks in order to be considered for sign up for another budget plan.
- Sign-ups for the Budget Payment Plan will take place in September of each year with settlement of any outstanding account balances during the following September.
- Account balances will be reviewed on a monthly basis to determine that the budget plan is working for the customer and the Board of Public Works. The Board of Public Works reserves the right to revise the customer’s plan at any time.
- Attached application must be received in our office by September 30, 2012 for October implementation.
- Current Budget Plan customers do not need to re-apply. You will receive notification of your new budget plan amount prior to September 30, 2012. Respond only at that time.
Please contact the Board of Public Works offices at 402-228-5211 for further information.
Utility Services Budget Plan Application
The Office of the Board of Public Works is responsible for the accurate billing of usage and collections for the Electric, Water, Sewer, and City Garbage Services. We also handle all accounting functions for both the City and Board of Public Works through our Computer System.
Hooking Up Your Utilities:
To have your utilities (Electric, Water, Sewer) turned on, you will need to visit the bpw Main Office. We are located at 400 Ella St. Utilities are only turned on during business hours, from 7:30am to 5:00pm. An application will need to be filled out regardless of whether you are renting or purchasing a home. We greatly appreciate it if you can come in at least one business day before you would like the utilities turned on. Please note the following information below.
- Bring a photo ID
- Be prepared to pay a $150 deposit
- Bring a photo ID
- Provide proof of ownership
- A deposit may be required
If you are currently a renting bpw customer and are moving within the bpw service area, to another rental, your deposit will be transferred to your new residence. You will be responsible for the last months utilties at your old residence.
If you are currently a renting BPW customer and are purchasing a home within the BPW service area, your deposit will be applied to the utilites bill at the rental residence. Any surplus will be credited to your new account at your new residence.
If you are currently a renting BPW customer and are moving out of the BPW service area, your deposit will be applied to your current rental and any surplus refunded to you.